Ermintrude (Azalée in the French version) is a sassy anthropomorphic cow and an opera singer. She wears a blue hat on her head.
She has red arms and feet, as well as red spots on her body.
Relationships[edit | edit source]
In the original series, Ermintrude somewhat harbored a somewhat subtle crush on Dougal, and has outsmarted him on several occasions. In the 2007 reboot series, she has a bit of a crush on Brian (who had a crush on her himself in the 2005 film, which she didn't take notice until the end of the movie). She and Dylan also seem to share the same passion for music, despite liking different genres.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the original series, Ermintrude's skin is pink. Beginning with the 1989 French episodes, as well as the CGI era, she is a peach color.
- In the French version of the original series, she has a slightly ditzy personality, as well as a habit of calling her friends by the wrong name (for example, "Mollusc" instead of Pollux a.k.a. Doogal, or "Antiboise" instead of Ambroise a.k.a. Brian).
- In the original series, Ermintrude is hardly seen without her signature blue hat (apart from a few episodes), but in several episodes of the 2007 CGI series, she is shown without her hat on an occasional basis.
- Ermintrude also has a talent and passion for painting, as shown in the original series and Dougal and the Blue Cat.
- In the US version of the movie, she was voiced by Whoopi Goldberg who also voiced Shenzi in The Lion King, Stretch in Toy Story 3, Tower in The Little Engine That Could, Darlin in Everyone's Hero, Margaret in The Rugrats Movie, Franny in Racing Stripes and Miss Clavell in My Fair Madeline.